Friday, January 11, 2008

What the...

While driving to my parents house on New Years Day, we passed several cars pulled over by the state patrol. I slowed down so I don't get pulled either (my wife says this is impossible because I never exceed the speed limit and drive way too slow for her and everybody else).

No more than an 1/8 of mile after passing the stopped cars, this black Cadillac comes flying by almost taking my driver's side mirror with him. He had a packed car and must have been going at least 90 mph. Right behind him another car is racing with him - this second car is a beater and I can only imagine that he's trying to race the Caddy to the open road ahead - this old car also almost takes my mirror with them in the chase with the Caddy...

I say to my wife, "where's the cops when you need them?"

These words are still hanging in the air, when the beater car flips on the blue lights and pulls the Caddy - nice to know that sometimes the cops are there when you need them...

No comments: